Click to Tweet:Three things determine success: your level of motivation, your ability to focus on the essential, and your support network. ~ Sharon Pivirotto
Hi folks! I’m Sharon. It’s nice to meet you!
I created this website to help you become a more successful 401k Advisor.
Like you, I know the challenges of trying to grow a 401k business, differentiate yourself, and manage all that’s required to run a compliant practice.
I was once a broker trying to sell and service retirement plans with no training or background on the complexities of managing a qualified plan or any idea how to grow the 401k side of the business.
The last 20+ years in this business have taught me a lot and I’m happy to share with you what I’ve learned. I want you to be successful. And if I can shorten the learning curve for you and get you to your goals faster, then I know that I’ve been successful too.
Learn from the past, so you can change the future… Here’s where I’ve been:
- In 1996, I became an Investment Rep and opened an Edward Jones Investment office outside of Pittsburgh (was extremely successful) after being honorably discharged from my active duty career in the U.S. Army.
- In 2002, I handed off my Edward Jones office to focus on creating educational how-to guides. (Failed miserably.)
- In 2004, while still following my dream of being an educator and creator, I teamed up with 401k powerhouse Don Settina to partner in a new company called Financial Service Standards. Our mission was to educate and equip 401k advisors with the training and tools to build a successful and compliant 401k practice. (Hugely successful.) We created a training program for advisors as well as a turn-key compliance and service process.
- We taught our first class – the 401k Service Training Program – at Robert Morris University to a group of 15 401k advisors. In all, we’ve taught more than 20 classes, created an online version of the training, and have now graduated over 2000 advisors from the program, awarding them the Professional Plan Consultant (PPC) designation.
- Our program was the first value-added training ever sponsored by the American Funds for 401k advisors.
- Bank of America private-labeled the 401k Service Solution for use by their Retirement Solutions Group.
- I’ve been fortunate to launch several successful products in the 401k space over the years, helping thousands of advisors nationwide – you can see all of the products I’ve created on my Products Page.
- In 2008, the 401k Service Solution (a turn-key compliance system) was awarded a PSCA Signature Award from the Profit Sharing Council of America based on the effectiveness of the process to help plan sponsors understand their fiduciary responsibilities and improve their overall compliance using this system.
- In 2010, I was nominated by 401kWire as one of the Most Influential People in the 401(k) Industry.
- Speaking at industry conferences nationwide provided a platform for me to help retirement advisers understand what’s required to run an effective and compliant retirement plan business and implement standards in the retirement industry. (You can see a list of presentations I’ve given and book me to speak at your event from my Speaking Page.)
- In February of 2013, fi360, Inc. acquired the products developed under Financial Service Standards, so I formed the Pivirotto Resource Group to continue to help others as a consultant, author, speaker, and innovator, providing inspiration, strategies, and resources to help fellow pension professionals and entrepreneurs achieve success in life and in business.
- Get strategies for growing a successful online presence on my Twitter feed.
- Get inspiration and motivation by following my Facebook page.
- See what resources I recommend for 401k advisors on the Resources page.
7 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME 🙂
- My family is my top priority. I’m happily married to the man of my dreams for over 20 years now and we have two boys of whom we couldn’t be more proud.
- We homeschool our boys and while it can be challenging, it’s definitely worth it.
- I’ve been self-employed since 1995 and have worked out of my home office exclusively since 2008 — I love coaching fellow entrepreneurs on how to create a lifestyle business that allows them to work anywhere.
- I have a chicken in my office. (A real, egg-laying, talkative old hen.)
- I bought my last car on e-bay.
- I’m an animal lover and have 10 pets including dogs, cats, a chicken (yes, she’s a pet) and fish.
- I’m proud to be an American. I served 4 years on active duty in the Army and highly recommend military service in some way, shape or form for all young men and women.