The Weekly 401k Resource RoundUp
Here are the best resources and articles I found online to help you grow a successful and compliant 401k plan practice. (For the week ending 07-09-2015.)
Want an EASIER way to keep up with industry trends and resources?
I subscribe to all the major 401k industry newsletters. I read and share what’s most important to help you grow or bullet-proof your practice. You save time and keep up with industry news.
Become an Insider >>
1 -Helping you Grow your 401k Business:
- 3 Content Marketing Rules for Advisors
- Marketing Tip: How to Target Your Niche
- 5 Ways Social Media Can Keep You in Front of Prospects, Clients
- “Always Be Closing” for Today’s Advisor
2 -Helping you Service your 401k Clients:
- 5 Things You Should Know About Target-Date Funds
- Considerations When Choosing a Method for Allocating Plan Expenses (PDF by Fred Reish)
- When Onboarding New Participants, Keep It Simple
- Discretionary vs. Directed Trustee: How Do They Differ? (PDF)
3 -Helping you Manage your 401k Practice:
There wasn’t a single article published this past week around the web (that I could find, anyway) on how to manage your practice. So here is something that you might be interested in.
My mentor, Brendon Burchard, has opened his High Performance Coaching program to new members for the last time ever and if you’re interested in taking your business, relationships, and life to the next level, watch the video below and let me know if you decide to enroll (I’ve got a bonus package worth over $2,000 for those that decide to join the program using the link below). NOTE: The program CLOSES at midnight on July 10th so after that time, the link to view the video and enroll will be removed/replaced.
4 -Additional resources you should be aware of:
- ERISApedia Adds Plan Administration Guidance Forms
- Infinata Announces Latest Release of Retirement PlanVision with Integrated Morningstar Data
5 -Regulatory issues that affect how you do business:
- Labor’s fiduciary rule to change advisors’ businesses
- US Labor Department Solicits Nominations for 2016 ERISA Advisory Council (maybe the Council could use YOU?)