Hi folks! I’m Sharon. It’s nice to meet you!
I created this website to help you become a more successful 401k Advisor.
Like you, I know the challenges of trying to grow a 401k business, differentiate yourself, and manage all that’s required to run a compliant practice.
I was once a broker trying to sell and service retirement plans with no training or background on the complexities of managing a qualified plan or any idea how to grow the 401k side of the business.
The last 20+ years in this business have taught me a lot and I’m happy to share with you what I’ve learned. I want you to be successful. And if I can shorten the learning curve for you and get you to your goals faster, then I know that I’ve been successful too.
Learn from the past, so you can change the future… Here’s where I’ve been:
- In 1996, I became an Investment Rep and opened an Edward Jones Investment office outside of Pittsburgh (was extremely successful) after being honorably discharged from my active duty career in the U.S. Army.
- In 2002, I handed off my Edward Jones office to focus on creating educational how-to guides. (Failed miserably.)
- In 2004, while still following my dream of being an educator and creator, I teamed up with 401k powerhouse Don Settina to partner in a new company called Financial Service Standards. Our mission was to educate and equip 401k advisors with the training and tools to build a successful and compliant 401k practice. (Hugely successful.) We created a training program for advisors as well as a turn-key compliance and service process.
- We taught our first class – the 401k Service Training Program – at Robert Morris University to a group of 15 401k advisors. In all, we taught more than 20 classes, created an online version of the training, and personally graduated over 2000 advisors from the program, awarding them the Professional Plan Consultant (PPC) designation (many, many more have completed the program since we sold it to fi360 in 2013).
- Our program was the first value-added training ever sponsored by the American Funds for 401k advisors.
- Bank of America private-labeled the 401k Service Solution for use by their Retirement Solutions Group.
- I’ve been fortunate to launch several successful products in the 401k space over the years, helping thousands of advisors nationwide – you can see many of the products I’ve created on my Products Page.
- In 2008, the 401k Service Solution (a turn-key compliance system) was awarded a PSCA Signature Award from the Profit Sharing Council of America based on the effectiveness of the process to help plan sponsors understand their fiduciary responsibilities and improve their overall compliance using this system.
- In 2010, I was nominated by 401kWire as one of the Most Influential People in the 401(k) Industry.
- Speaking at industry conferences nationwide provided a platform for me to help retirement advisers understand what’s required to run an effective and compliant retirement plan business and implement standards in the retirement industry. (You can see a partial list of presentations I’ve given from my Speaking Page.)
- In February of 2013, fi360, Inc. acquired the products developed under Financial Service Standards (which basically means we sold the IP for the training and tools and dissolved the company), so I formed the Pivirotto Resource Group to continue to help others by providing inspiration, strategies, and resources to help fellow pension professionals and entrepreneurs achieve success in life and in business.
- Get strategies for growing a successful online presence (along with daily inspirational quotes) on my Twitter feed.
- Register for free access to the VIP Resource Library and grab my best research, case studies, strategies and more…
- Leverage the power of proven templates and get point of sale material, emails, presentations, training slides, compliance documents and more in the 401k Business in an Box Toolkit.
I also write about other topics not specifically related to the 401k industry that can be found on my LinkedIn Profile such as (you’ll be leaving the blog to follow these links):
- How to Avoid Webinar Catastrophes
- Six Business Lessons Disguised as Hockey
- 2253 Reasons You Should Write Shorter List Posts
- 3 Timeless Ways to Honor our Veterans
- How to Respond to “Is Santa Real?”
7 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME
- My family is my top priority. I’m happily married to the man of my dreams for over 24 years now and we have two boys of whom we couldn’t be more proud.
- We’re on our 8th year homeschooling our boys and while it can be challenging, it’s definitely worth it. (One has now graduated high school, one still has a few years to go…)
- I’ve been self-employed since 1995 and have worked out of my home office exclusively since 2008 — I love coaching fellow entrepreneurs on how to create a lifestyle business that allows them to work anywhere.
- I had a chicken in my office for 4+ years (sadly, she passed away in 2019). (she was a real, egg-laying, talkative, old hen)
- I bought my last car on e-bay (in 2008 before Carvana was a thing 😉 ).
- I’m an animal lover and have 7 pets including a dog, cats, and mice.
- I’m proud to be an American. I served 4 years on active duty in the Army and highly recommend military service in some way, shape, or form for all young men and women.